School Assessment & Accountability
Director of Instructional Leadership
The School Assessment and Accountability (SA&A) unit is a resource for local school districts and the community for information on STAR (Standardized Testing And Reporting, the state testing program) which includes:
- California Standards Test (CST)
- California Modified Assessment (CMA)
- California Alternative Performance Assessment (CAPA)
- California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE)
- California English Language Development Test (CELDT)
- Standards Test In Spanish (STS)
SA&A staff are a resource for local school districts and the community for information about the Academic Performance Index (API), which is the part of the California accountability system, and on Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), which is the accountability measure under the federal No Child Left Behind Act. Training and information sessions for schools and districts on the use of test scores and other data can be developed and customized to support individual school improvement efforts.
Technical assistance to meet requirements for schools or districts identified as in need of improvement is also provided as part of the Regional School & District Support System.
Links to Web Resources: