Local Child Care Planning Council (LCCPC)
Contact: Judi Andersen, LCCPC Coordinator | (707) 445-7006
The mission of the Local Child Care Planning Council of Humboldt County is to assess, plan, and promote quality, accessible, affordable child care and development services reflecting the diverse needs of families throughout Humboldt County.
The LCCPC sets priorities for state funding allocations annually and conducts a comprehensive needs assessment every 5 years. We conduct outreach and education on the importance of child care to our community. The LCCPC works collaboratively with organizations throughout Humboldt County.
The LCCPC compiles data in the area of child care demand/availability/usage and other areas of need. Every 5 years a Child Care Needs Assessment is produced. Every year the LCCPC sets priorities by zip code for potential new state child care funding.
Specialized support provided includes:
- A Day Without Child Care: A campaign to illustrate the importance of Child Care as part of the county's economic infrastructure. Watch the award-winning campaign video below!
- Outreach and Education: The LCCPC utilizes all forms of media and contact with the public on the impact potential funding cuts may have on child care availability in our county.
- Transitional Kindergarten: Information related to implementation of Transitional Kindergarten legislation.
- Getting Ready for Kindergarten Booklets: A helpful guide for parents with children transitioning from preschool to kindergarten. The LCCPC maintains this valuable resource on their website.
- Child Care: Child Care referrals can be obtained by contacting Changing Tides Family Services at 444-8293 or through their website.
A Day Without Child Care Video