Resources for Teachers and Coordinators
- Northern CA Symposium for Educators and Parents: Maximizing Student Potential: Cultivating Creativity & Critical Thinking - November 12th
- GATE Academy 2012 - January 6th (9:15am – 1:45pm) at Humboldt State University
- Watch the GATE Academy video!
- Contact HCOE at 445-7149 for forms and questions
- Humboldt County GATE Coordinators List
- GATE Testing varies by school and could include:
- IQ test
- OLSAT (Otis-Lennon School Ability Test®)
- CogAT® (Cognitive Abilities Test™)
- Education Code (EC) Section 52202 (Outside Source) states "one or more." GATE identification should not be based on just one factor. Achievement, intelligence quotient (IQ), ability, and other test scores; motivation; parent/guardian, student, and teacher recommendations; classroom observations; and portfolio assessment are some of the possible factors a district may use to identify GATE students.
- The Futures Channel - This website provides short 2-7 minute videos to answer the "Why do I need to learn this?" questions from your students.
- CDE GATE
Articles of interest: