Board Member Qualifications
You must be a registered voter, at least 18 years old, living within the District boundaries
A list of desirable qualifications for prospective Board members shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- Dedication to the public education of youth.
- Commitment to the community at large.
- Knowledge of the unique characteristics of the Peninsula Union School District.
- Demonstrates courage and ability to explain and enforce a policy/regulation which might not be popular but which in necessary.
- Has awareness that leadership often involves the turning of public opinion to acceptance of a feasible policy.
- Shows ability to withhold judgment on critical issues until the facts are available.
- Has unselfish interest in the public schools, the community, and in every child.
- Does not have personal interests that would invalidate service to the Board.