Recycling is now easier and more convenient than ever before! Several paper products can be combined together which means less sorting for you, and now you can bring your recycling materials to a collection site at Pine Hill Schools on the first Monday of each month from 7:30 - 8:30 am. California Redemption Value (CRV) recyclables will be sold for their redemption value and all proceeds will be donated to Pine Hill School. By recycling, you are not only diverting waste from overloaded landfills., you are also making a donation to Pine Hill School.
Please bring your recyclables, presorted, to south end of Pine Hill's parking lot from 7:30 - 8:30 am on the first Monday of each month. All materials will be collected and transported by members of Humboldt Bay Service Corps (Americorps).
Accepted Presorted Recycling Materials
- Cardboard, paper bags, chipboard (cereal boxes, 6-pack boxes)
- Newspaper, Magazines
- All other paper (includes office pack and junk mail)
- #1 plastics
- #2 plastics
- CRV (printed on labels as "CA Redemption")
- Aluminum (cans and foil wrap)
- Tin/Steel cans (soup, pet food, etc.)